Applications for training starting July 2020 will be accepted via ERAS starting in September 2019. Top applicants will be invited out for an on-site interview and tour both hospital facilities, Seattle Children's Hospital and University of Washington Medical Center. The Match results are in February.
NRMP Program Code: 1918765C0
Materials required for application
- ERAS application
- Dean's Letter
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- USMLE Scores
- Personal Statement
- Copy of medical school transcript
2020-2021 Interview Dates
All interviews will include a full day with Pediatrics and a half-day with Genetics. The Genetics days are listed below. Pediatric interview dates would be the day before or immediately after these dates.
- Thursday, December 17, 2020
- Thursday, January 7, 2021
- Thursday, January 14, 2021
- Completed applications must be received by October 1 of the year prior to the match date.
- All applicants must register with the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) for an R1 position.
- All applications to our residency program must come through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- USMLE Step 1 must be taken prior to application and Step 2 must be taken before the match; we do not accept applications from applicants who have not successfully passed Step 1.
- We accept applications from the following types of medical schools:
- Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) –accredited medical schools in the United States or Canada
- American Osteopathic Association (AOA) –accredited colleges in the United States
- International medical schools if one of the following criteria is met:
- The applicant holds current ECFMG certification before applying to our program.
- The applicant holds a full and unrestricted medical license to practice medicine in a U.S. licensing jurisdiction in his or her current ACGME specialty.
- The applicant has graduated from a medical school outside of the United States and has completed a Fifth Pathway program provided by an LCME-accredited medical school.
- All applicants must have graduated from medical school no more than one year prior to the residency start date unless they have been participating in another ACGME-accredited residency or fellowship program or other post-graduate education since graduation.
As part of our efforts to holistically review each application, we do not have automated score/grade cutoffs and every file we receive is thoroughly reviewed. We will extend invitations for interviews on a rolling basis and you can expect to hear from us by the end of October.