For the second year, University of Washington (UW) genetic counselors, Robin Bennett and Laura Amendola, are leading a module as part of the UW, Summer Institute of Statistical Genetics on Cancer Genetic Counseling and Variant Interpretation.
The course takes place at the UW Health Sciences Center from July 23-25, 2018 and explores questions such as:
- What is the role of genetic counseling in genetic testing?
- Can genetic testing cause harm?
- How are genetic variants interpreted?
- Is there a risk for discrimination?
- What are the potential emotional consequences of genetic testing?
This module will be of interest to clinical research coordinators, graduate students, clinicians and those considering becoming a genetic counselor.
Visit the module page on the Biostatistics website for more information.