Thank you for your interest in our program, we look forward to your application!
Applications for training starting July 2024 will be accepted via ERAS beginning in September 2023. Top applicants will be invited for an interview at Seattle Children's Hospital and at the University of Washington Medical Center. The Match results are in February.
Applications are only accepted via the ERAS® website online application system.
NRMP Program Code: 1918765C0
required application materials
- ERAS application
- Dean's Letter
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- USMLE Scores
- Personal Statement
- Copy of medical school transcript
2023-2024 Interview Dates
All interviews will include a full day with Pediatrics and a half-day with Genetics. Pediatrics interviews are with the Seattle Children's Hospital on Wednesday, followed by Genetics interviews with the University of Washington Medical Center on Thursday.
- Wednesday, November 8 and Thursday, November 9, 2023
- Wednesday, November 29 and Thursday, November 30, 2023
- Wednesday, December 6 and Thursday, December 7, 2023
- Completed applications must be received by October 1 of the year prior to the match date.
- All applicants must register with the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) for an R1 position.
- All applications to our residency program must come through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- USMLE Step 1 must be taken prior to application and Step 2 must be taken before the match; we do not accept applications from applicants who have not successfully passed Step 1.
- We accept applications from the following types of medical schools:
- Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) –accredited medical schools in the United States or Canada
- American Osteopathic Association (AOA) –accredited colleges in the United States
- International medical schools if one of the following criteria is met:
- The applicant holds current ECFMG certification before applying to our program.
- The applicant holds a full and unrestricted medical license to practice medicine in a U.S. licensing jurisdiction in his or her current ACGME specialty.
- The applicant has graduated from a medical school outside of the United States and has completed a Fifth Pathway program provided by an LCME-accredited medical school.
- All applicants must have graduated from medical school no more than one year prior to the residency start date unless they have been participating in another ACGME-accredited residency or fellowship program or other post-graduate education since graduation.
As part of our efforts to holistically review each application, we do not have automated score/grade cutoffs and every file we receive is thoroughly reviewed. We will extend invitations for interviews on a rolling basis through the end of October.